Raindance presents: 22 Step Story Structure Sat/Sun 5/6 April 9:30 - 6pm
I'm Elliot Grove, and I am writing you because I passionately believe that there is much misinformation about screenplay story strucuture that is misleading and wrong.
I have decided to bring John Truby to London in April.
John has taught advanced story structure to over 20,000 people worldwide and has been story consultant on over 1000 scripts. He's seen all the story problems and knows how to fix them. That's why he created 22 Step Story Structure and Understanding Genre.
I want to bring his screenwriting classes that would show you the hundreds of story techniques he knows while you're writing.
1. 22 Step Story Structure shows you the 'gold' of your idea and which genre forms are best for expressing it.
2. Character Web, World, and Arc techniques help you create complex characters that grow over the course of the story and move the reader.
Click here for a free article on Creating Character Web by John Truby
3. The 22 Building Blocks of every great story, gives you a surprising plot that builds steadily from beginning to end.
4. 22 Step Story Structure shows you the right structural order for your scenes, and lets you figure out the ideal sequence in a fraction of the time.
5. Rewrite shows you the deep structural weaknesses that are likely to be in your script and takes you through the ideal order for fixing them.
What: 22 Step Story Structure When: Saturday/Sunday 5/6 April 9:30 - 6pm Where: University of Westminster, London, near tubes Goodge St or Oxford Circus How Much? £250 + VAT Raindance members get a 15% discount. Click here to find out more.
The first rule of professional writing is: the entertainment industry buys and sells genres.
Genres are story types, and business has learned that you reach the greatest audience by taking a few of the most popular story types and constantly reworking them in new and creative ways.
The strategy for writers is clear: to succeed, you have to specialize in two or three of these popular forms and write something original.
The Understanding Genre class offers in-depth, professional- level information in the most popular genres in the world. Once you have learned the techniques found in my flagship 22 Step Story Structure class learn more about genre for the kind of writing you want to do.
This way, you're writing from strength, and you're writing the kinds of scripts the entertainment industry wants to buy.
What: Understanding Genre When: Mon/Tues 7/8 April 6:30 - 10pm Where: University of Westminster, London, near tubes Goodge St or Oxford Circus How Much? £145 + VAT Raindance members get a 15% discount. Click here to find out more.
The common complaint amongst producers is NOT raising the money. Tough as it is, it is possible to get money for filmmaking.
The most common complaint is 'Where are all the great scripts?'
Here's our chance to do something about that!
Elliot Grove Raindance Festivals Limited
The Raindance Guarantee
If you decide to attend and find that this course is overhyped, or unsuitable, or simply does not meet or exceed your expectations, let a member of the Raindance staff know by noon on the first day or by the end of first night for a no-questions- asked refund.