Friday, July 11, 2008

Fake Bhutan


Job advertised on lamp post was for King of Bhutan

An Isle of Wight man has been crowned the sixth Dragon king of the Himalayan State of Bhutan after responding to a job advertisement tied to a lamp post.

‘I was just taking my dog for a walk when I noticed someone had stuck a sheet of A4 on the lamp post.’ explained Terry Clithero. ‘It was the usual sort of thing: ‘Work for yourself, good money guaranteed’. ‘To be honest, I really didn't think it would be anything interesting; you know, envelope-stuffing or some sort of tele-sales thing that I could do in the evenings... But I had my mobile with me and I thought, why not? So I rang the number, and the next thing I know I was in Thimphu, being crowned in the Dechencholing palace gardens.

To read the full story, click here.

This once a day email is brought to you by NewsBiscuit.
To unsubscribe, please click here.


No comments: